ECAT is a premium international conference on ‘Emerging Healthcare Materials & Advancement in Toxicology’.
Commercialization of emerging nanotechnologies and advanced nanomaterials influences societal responses to their development and applications and demands for better evaluation of their effects on the environment and human health. The environmental real situation can even be more complex, as nanomaterials appear as part of a cocktail of different classes of contaminants. Thus, the current forum has been conceived with the intention to share empirical knowledge, create novel ideas and initiate new collaborations between leading experts from academia, industry, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations in an attempt to mitigate or eliminate future exposures for the betterment of human health and the environment.
Highlights: Well-organized symposia; well-designed scientific program; interactive poster presentations; thought-provoking panel discussions covering the following topics:
- Advanced healthcare materials
- Biomaterials and biocomposite
- Nanomedicine and drug delivery
- Nanobiotechnology and Nanobiochemistry
- Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- Infectious disease and vaccination
- Nanobiosensors, bioimaging and biomedical devices
- Nanotoxicology and Nano(eco)toxicology
- Ethical, legal and social issues of Nanotechnology
- Non-nano in health and diseases
- Challenges and future needs
1st ECAT conference was held at the University of Toledo, Health Science Campus, Toledo, Ohio, USA, from September 1 – 3, 2016.